this is a survey i did in 2007 and found in my gmail drafts. so many of the answers are still true. i am publishing it because i want to delete it from my draft box but still want to have it exist somewhere in the ether.
Name 7 things in your bag (or if you're male...wallet/ pocket):
1. the book "the namesake"
2. the new dayplanner that i just bought today. it has my lunch date in it & that's all.
1. the book "the namesake"
2. the new dayplanner that i just bought today. it has my lunch date in it & that's all.
3. keys
4. ipod
5. camera
6. moleskine journal that i never use but hope to and keep around just in case
7. a wetnap
Name 6 things you do when you're really stressed:
1. Cry
2. Write out lists
3. Sleep
4. Exercise
5. Walk around by myself
6. lay in bed and drink tea
4. ipod
5. camera
6. moleskine journal that i never use but hope to and keep around just in case
7. a wetnap
Name 6 things you do when you're really stressed:
1. Cry
2. Write out lists
3. Sleep
4. Exercise
5. Walk around by myself
6. lay in bed and drink tea
Name 5 favorite fruits:
1. bananas
2. blueberries
3. raspberries
4. atulfo mangoes
5. pluot plums
Name 4 names you go by:
1. Harriet
3. raspberries
4. atulfo mangoes
5. pluot plums
Name 4 names you go by:
1. Harriet
2. Harrie
3. Hattie/Hat
4. monkey legs/mouse factory/chicken legs/lamb chops. my mother is creative & into animals. ooer.
Name 3 things you are wearing right now
1. fancy black dress pants to make up for the fact that i am wearing
2. converse shoes to work
3. this weird funny scarf that isn't really a scarf from the Asian Mall
3. Hattie/Hat
4. monkey legs/mouse factory/chicken legs/lamb chops. my mother is creative & into animals. ooer.
Name 3 things you are wearing right now
1. fancy black dress pants to make up for the fact that i am wearing
2. converse shoes to work
3. this weird funny scarf that isn't really a scarf from the Asian Mall
What are you thinking about right now?
I really like the Asian mall; you can barter for your clothes; I feel nauseas; lunch was really good.
Where is your phone?
on my desk in case it rings, which it won't.
Where do you sleep?
In my bed, most of the time.
Where did you get the shirt you're wearing?
salvation army in halifax, but then michelle and me made it into a fitted tank top & then stevie painted it.
What was the last thing you ate?
a vegan salad wrap from 'lettuce eatery' in rosedale. god i'm one of those people.
What kind of cell phone service do you have?
a really bad kind, i don't know.
What is the closest item near you that is blue?
a pair of scissors that isn't mine.
What is the last movie you watched?
Annie Hall, in three stages, for about the 8th time. It's the movie that I've seen the most, it's my favorite, and this is the first time I've watched it where I actually own it.
When did you last feel a tree with your bare hands?
I think today in the graveyard when I went for a walk after lunch with Jonathan. Weird. I wouldn't say I am a big tree toucher but I think I touched a really neat looking one. Or maybe I just touched the gravestone that was carved to look like a tree.
---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
The Strange Eleven - Eleven odd facts about yourself:
1. When was the last time you shaved your legs?
Last wednesday. I've been wearing pants a lot okay?
2. What were you doing this morning at 8am?
Trying to stay sleeping.
When did you last feel a tree with your bare hands?
I think today in the graveyard when I went for a walk after lunch with Jonathan. Weird. I wouldn't say I am a big tree toucher but I think I touched a really neat looking one. Or maybe I just touched the gravestone that was carved to look like a tree.
------------------------------
The Strange Eleven - Eleven odd facts about yourself:
1. When was the last time you shaved your legs?
Last wednesday. I've been wearing pants a lot okay?
2. What were you doing this morning at 8am?
Trying to stay sleeping.
3. Do you know the words to the song on your facebook page?
THERE'S A SONG ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE?! WHERE?
6. What do you wish for?
That when I eat I will be full and not want to eat anymore. Stop being so insatiable, stomach!
7. When was the last time you got really hurt?
Yesterday I was trying to take my bike lock off my bike & then I saw some friends & got all spazzy & bumped myself in a weird way. I don't even know what happened, but I definately didn't create the cool image of sophistication that I was going for. I hit my funny bone.
8. Any plans for Friday night?
It's my last Friday night in Toronto for about a year, and I am probably going to be crying, dry-heaving, praying for Mary Poppins magic to fit my life into two (maybe 4 if I convince my parents to let me take up some of their space) suitcases, drinking heavily, maybe by myself, kissing corners of floor and pavement, or if some miracle occurs I will be placidly sitting on my front step admiring my amazingly concise packing feat, sitting with my close friends and thinking about nothing but what I am doing. That definately won't happen though.
9. Something you are excited about?
Getting tea before getting on the subway so that I can drink tea while reading. I'm excited to get to Heathrow and be picked up by my cousins, decorate the pretty notebooks that I bought today for school, try and speak French for the first time when I get to Paris and see if I can get by, Paris in general I guess.
10. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
Blue. I think it's blue raspberry.
11. Describe your key chains.
a red rape whistle my dad gave me when i got my liscence, and a big silver aries thing. pretty utilitarian.
-------------------------- -------------------------- --------------------------------------------
1. Do you know anyone in prison?
No.
2. If so, who?
------
5. Have you ever gotten naked at a party?
I went to a pants-off party, but wasn't naked. I went...oh what's that called...streaking! At an after-prom party. at a cottage.
a red rape whistle my dad gave me when i got my liscence, and a big silver aries thing. pretty utilitarian.
-------------------------- -------------------------- ------------------------------
1. Do you know anyone in prison?
No.
2. If so, who?
------
5. Have you ever gotten naked at a party?
I went to a pants-off party, but wasn't naked. I went...oh what's that called...streaking! At an after-prom party. at a cottage.
6. who do you miss?
Many people. When you're always moving you miss lots of people all the time.
7. Are you named after a grandparent?
YES! how did you know. My maternal great-grandmother Harriet. One of my middle names is after my maternal grandmother.
8. Who loves you?
mmmmy mother?
9. Have you ever broken a rib?
No but I get them out of place all the time and have to get them chiropractically adjusted. I have tricky ribs.
10. Would you rather be a girl or a guy?
I kind of like being a girl. I get free things a lot.
11. Who is the most spoiled person you know?
I'm pretty spoiled, but I don't think I'm bratty about it. Probably Dave is the most spoiled.
12. Would you rather have a million dollars or true love?
True love.
13. Have you ever had sex in church?
Why would anyone do that, other than to say "yes" to these types of questions?
15. Would you rather date someone 2 years younger or older?
I've dated both.
16. What's your favorite junk food?
Um, cherry blasters, dark chocolate, pie, yeah fruit pastry things are the best. Crumble, pie, clafouti, tarts, creme brulee.
17. Do you have hobbies or collect anything?
Yeah but "hobbies" sounds really lame. I sew, silkscreen, write, make care packages, decorate things, take pictures. I don't know. I collect books and clothes.
18. Is your birthday on a holiday?
Sometimes it's on Easter.
19. Are you old enough to vote?
Yes.
20. Do you have any friends or family in the war right now?
No.
21. Are you a vegetarian?
this weekend i really wanted to buy a shirt that said "bacon is a vegetable."
22. Do you worry about global warming?
Not constantly. My dad sometimes says that it's just a natural phase the earth is going through - the ice age wasn't affected by humans and neither was the end of the ice age. I do consciously try to 'be green' when I can though. I take public transit and ride my bike and eat organic a lot.
23. Do you like Polar bears?
Yes. I think I have one adopted for me, back when that was trendy to give as gifts. I don't know if i still do - do sections of adopted polar bears have expiry dates?
24. If you won the lottery what's the first thing you would buy?
a really big trip.
25. Did you lose your virginity to your neighbour?
No.
26. Did or do you think your childhood dreams will come true?
Yes.
28. Are you a country or city girl/boy?
City girl.
29. Are you taller than 5'6"?
yes, i'm 5'7" and a half.
30. Do you consider yourself spoiled?
yes.
01. First off, what can I call you?
Harriet
02. Cool. Do you say the word "awesome" a lot:
Yes. all the time. I try not to so much because it's starting to bother me.
03. Do you type "alot" or "a lot":
"a lot". I feel that that is the gramatically correct way to type it.
04. How many people are you usually talking to?
one or none.
05. Have you ever played Imagine If before?:
probably, i play games all the time. if it's something where you sit around and imagine "what your life would be like if"....then definately.
06. Did you know that it was a board game:
no i thought it was what i described.
07. Name a random fact about yourself:
i used to want to change my name & my marker box from age 4 - 9 has all the different names i wanted at each different phase. some that i remember are Lily (for Lily Langtry), Alyssa (because that reminded me of the baby sitter's club & all things girly), or chloe, because i thought (& still do) that it was a really soft, pretty name.
08. Do you like school just for social reasons:
no, i probably dislike it for social reasons.
09. Are there people you could call nerds at your school:
I think most people at King's self-classify themselves as nerds.
10. Does your computer run slow sometimes:
when i try to make it do too much at once.
11. What year did you move:
1989, & then every year, twice for university (back & forth).
12. Does your dog wake you up in the morning:
I don't have a dog.
13. Do you have a big box of pictures:
I have lots of big boxes of pictures, & filing folders & albums & drawers.
14. Who's your best friend:
I have a couple.
15. Are you single or taken:
um, neither?
16. Would you rather drink Mountain Dew or Coke:
Coke.
17. What drink do you order when you're at a restaurant?
water.
19. Do you live on the water?:
for 8 months of the year.
20. What is your favorite combination of hair & eye color:
whenever i think i have a favorite someone with a different combination comes along & i like it just as much.
21. Do you have to vacuum a lot?
no.
22. Have you ever watched Boy Meets World:
I used to watch it after school. sometimes i would stay home on friday night's to watch TGIF headed up by BMW.
23. How many blankets are on your bed right now?
3. one real one, one decorative throw one....and my blankie.
24. Do you ever wish you had more siblings:
sometimes.
25. Are you talking to anyone on the phone:
No.
26. Does your screen name have numbers in it:
No.
27. Are you waiting from someone to call you back:
No.
28. Do you like the name "Michael":
Yeah it's fine. I like the movie with John Travolta, too.
29. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
rainbow sherbert.
30. Do you tend to make more short or long term goals:
Short. To plan more than a year in advance is tricky.
31. Can you not play sports for your life:
that is a really awkwardly worded question.
32. Do you dread when math class comes along:
i no longer take math class.
33. How many lockers at school do you get:
i really should not be doing this quiz. i am clearly too old as it was intended for high-schoolers.
34. What color is your keyboard & mouse:
black.
35. Do you have a pool or hot tub:
No.
36. Name a random fact about your mom:
she has the same birthday as britney spears.
37. Do you get to see your aunts & uncles & cousins a lot:
Not really.
38. When you're bored, do you walk around the house for no reason:
rarely.
22. Have you ever watched Boy Meets World:
I used to watch it after school. sometimes i would stay home on friday night's to watch TGIF headed up by BMW.
23. How many blankets are on your bed right now?
3. one real one, one decorative throw one....and my blankie.
24. Do you ever wish you had more siblings:
sometimes.
25. Are you talking to anyone on the phone:
No.
26. Does your screen name have numbers in it:
No.
27. Are you waiting from someone to call you back:
No.
28. Do you like the name "Michael":
Yeah it's fine. I like the movie with John Travolta, too.
29. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
rainbow sherbert.
30. Do you tend to make more short or long term goals:
Short. To plan more than a year in advance is tricky.
31. Can you not play sports for your life:
that is a really awkwardly worded question.
32. Do you dread when math class comes along:
i no longer take math class.
33. How many lockers at school do you get:
i really should not be doing this quiz. i am clearly too old as it was intended for high-schoolers.
34. What color is your keyboard & mouse:
black.
35. Do you have a pool or hot tub:
No.
36. Name a random fact about your mom:
she has the same birthday as britney spears.
37. Do you get to see your aunts & uncles & cousins a lot:
Not really.
38. When you're bored, do you walk around the house for no reason:
rarely.
39. Have you brought your laptop in the car with you somewhere:
yeah i'm sure i have, but not using it.
40. Have you ever eaten Panera Bread:
no
41. Or do you even know what that is:
no
42. What do you think of the movie Million Dollar Baby
I didn't see it.
43. Do you like to swim often:
no, but when i do feel like swimming i really like it.
44. After this survey, will you get off the computer?:
I hope so. I need to sleep.
1 comment:
I just bought a pack of 3 moleskin journals...opened them up to realize they weren't lined. BOO!
All that to say if the moleskin in your purse is lined you better put it to use, because people like me are stuck with lame, blank paper. :)
Post a Comment